Magnolia Gardens Nursery is seeking a hands on maintenance manager responsible for overseeing maintenance and repairs for our properties.
- Coordinate the preparation of repair orders, equipment records, requisitions, etc.
- Prioritize maintenance staff activities. Assign and inspect work of maintenance personnel.
- Maintain logs of pending and completed maintenance activities.
- Prepare progress, status, and other reports to review maintenance department activities, performance, and operations to determine departmental progress towards established goals and objectives.
- Schedule preventive maintenance for all safety equipment and systems.
- Oversees contractor work.
- Establishes procedures and methods.
- Assist with budget development.
- Maintain parts inventory.
- Training and directing of maintenance staff.
- Maintain maintenance records.
- Ability to work hands on.
Experience in tasks related to:
- Tractor and equipment maintenance
- Land maintenance and improvement
- Greenhouse structures
- Environmental controls
- Familiarity with agriculture/farm equipment
- Experience managing repairs at multiple locations
- Team management
- MS Office
- Good written and verbal skills
- Puts safety first
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. multiple times per day
- Ability to withstand extreme weather conditions that include heat, rain and cold
- Ability to drive or learn to drive heavy machinery
- Ability to work from ladders, scaffolds and hydraulic towers
- Ability to work weekends, off-shifts and overtime as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 + years experience in maintenance
- Valid Texas Driver’s License