Job title: Internal
Job location: Waller, TX 77484
Job type: Seasonal-10 Weeks in Summer
Job Category: Intern
Magnolia Gardens Nursery is a family owned and operated business, founded in 1978 and located in Waller and Magnolia, Texas. Just 45 minutes north of Houston, our locations offer employees a beautiful place to work while still being close to all the action in the nation’s 4th largest city. MGN prides itself on cultivating a team environment with the leaders of the horticulture industry. Bring your expertise to our 150 acre container nursery or our leading tissue culture laboratory and young plant production nursery. We know, understand and most importantly, appreciate the skill and dedication it takes to be successful in this industry and want to give you the foundation to flourish in our unique industry. We value our employees and look forward to learning more about you.
Magnolia Gardens Nursery is seeking Interns. Interns will have the opportunity to learn each facet of the value chain in nursery production. Our internship program is an intensive 10 Week program that leads the intern through each department while simultaneously working on a specialized project with an assigned mentor.
- Interns will gain the following:
- Advanced knowledge of Container Production from Sales Forecasting to Delivery
- Advanced knowledge of Tissue Culture Propagation
- Nursery business acumen development in financial reporting, gross margin and profitability
- Specialty Project topics include but are not limited to:
- Pest Management
- Herbicide Management
- Propagation Techniques and Practices
- New Product Development
- Sales and Operations Planning
- Task efficiency development
Ideal candidates are Junior and Senior students with a major in Horticulture, Soil Science or Agriculture Business. Other candidates will be considered.
Please send all resumes to Jobs@magnoliagardens.com