Job title: Distribution Coordinator
Job location: Magnolia, TX 77355
Job type: Full-Time
Job Category: Greenhouse – Tissue Culture
Magnolia Gardens Nursery was founded in 1978 and is a family-owned and operated business located in Magnolia, TX. It operates a 150-acre wholesale container nursery operation located in Waller, Texas and a tissue culture lab in Magnolia, TX. It has also grown to be one of the leading commercial micropropagation businesses in the USA.
The Distribution Coordinator will oversee a small greenhouse team to guarantee daily work duties are assigned and completed. This position will be responsible for all greenhouse inventory control through cycle counts and detailed
reporting. This position will also direct weekly outbound and daily inbound shipments to ensure all orders are shipped and received in full. The position requires a detail-oriented approach to ensure that inventory is properly maintained and recorded to be shipped to customers. Among other duties, the assistant grower will work with the head grower and production team as needed in the greenhouse.
- Effectively communicate with head grower and production team daily
- Assign and track daily work orders with the greenhouse grading and shipping teams
- Create and implement plans for daily inventory moves. Oversee to ensure the plan is followed properly.
- Ability to track and record all inventory, changes and resolve discrepancies in a prompt and professional manner
- Update all inventory in the businesses inventory control software daily (SBI)
- Use tag printing software to create and distribute tags daily
- Create and print daily reports for inventory and shipping
- Maintain inventory for all distribution related products and order as needed
- Create, print, and distribute weekly shipping paperwork from SBI
- Extract data from SBI and create reports in Excel weekly
- Create, print, and distribute shipping labels
- Ability to read production schedule, customer orders, or work orders to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed, or serviced
- Perform other duties as required / assigned by manager
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent recording and reporting skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel
- Ability to identify different crops in the greenhouse based on sight
- Must be able to operate or learn to operate heavy machinery (forklift)
- Flexibility and willingness to help in other divisions as needed
- Willing to work in variable weather conditions
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Performs a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor
- May be required to work weekends
- Must possess effective time management and organizational skills, strong problem-solving skills, ability to work independently and good interpersonal communication skills.
- Bilingual – not required but preferred
Interested candidates, please submit your resume to email@example.com