Job title: Propagation Manager
Job location: Waller, TX 77484
Job type: Full-Time
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits
(including matching 401K)
Job Category: Management, Nursery
Magnolia Gardens Nursery was founded in 1978 and is a family-owned and operated business located in Magnolia, TX. It operates a 150-acre wholesale container nursery operation located in Waller, Texas and a tissue culture lab in Magnolia, TX. It has also grown to be one of the leading commercial micropropagation businesses in the USA.
Magnolia Gardens Nursery is seeking an experienced Propagation Manager. This position will be responsible for hands-on management of propagation including IPM program, climate control, maintaining plug inventory, growing plants, ordering supplies, supervising and managing up to 10 people and ensuring the proper upkeep of all propagation facilities.
The Propagation Manager will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Work closely with the Production Manager and Planner to carry out and oversee the monthly propagation work schedules in accordance with the Demand Plan
- Monitor, improve and report daily productivity, quality and safety metrics
- Research and implement new production techniques
- Oversee proper inventory best practices for the propagation facility
- Manage up to 2 assistants. Develop and train as part of the succession planning process.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities and capabilities:
- Proven track record of propagation management in the categories of ornamentals, trees, and perennials
- High capacity for organization and leader of team development
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Understand how important the dynamic of teamwork is for the successful operation of a business
- Collaborative decision maker
- Self-managed and highly energetic
- Embraces change and drives continuous improvement
Candidates MUST have the following:
- Minimum 5 years of ornamental propagation management or related production experience
- Degree in Horticulture or related field or minimum of 10 years propagation experience
Being Bi-lingual is preferred but not required.
Interested candidates, please submit your resume to email@example.com